Monday, January 19, 2009

Becoming a true Rebelutionary

Okay, I feel like I've been blogging way too much lately. But I have something super exciting I want to share with the world..

I am finally realizing what it is to trust God!

For so long God's been trying to get it through my thick skull that I need to trust Him. And now I'm finally beginning to do that. I feel like I go through struggles and issues so much in my life. And each time I think I deal with them by trusting God, which is what I should do. But I've never really understood what that meant.
Today in school I had to read the book of James. It is an incredible book! I challenge you to read it for yourself. It really impacted me. One of the many things that popped out to me was the 17th verse of the 2nd chapter: "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." It also talks a lot about rejoicing in our trials (1:2-12) because they are what shape us into what God wants us to be. And James stressed the importance of continuing in our faith, especially when times are hard. How awesome is that? To truly trust God means to believe what He says is true, and because of that you do what He asks you to. You do hard things for His glory.

So no matter how hard things get in my life, and how tempted I am to give in to the lies of the devil, I will not (James 1:12-17, 1 Corinthians 10:13) Because I have a big God, and I know that He has a plan in everything that I am going through. And I know that because of my struggles and doubts, He will strengthen my faith, stretch my patience, and mold me into the woman He wants me to be. :)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think that being a Rebelutionary is all about trusting God. Especially with the whole leaving-your-comfort-zone thing, and with doing hard things. I mean, what in the world are we supposed to do? We don't just do something just because it's hard in and of itself.. we have to rely on God to show us what He wants us to do, and not on our own understanding.

    ReplyDelete