Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back Up The Bus..

Alright, bear with me right now.. I'm having flashbacks to late summer 2007. I'm emailing a dear friend, listening to TFK, and just chilling. I love how certain music, especially certain songs, can totally transport you to another time. It's so crazy how the mind works. And there's also something awesome about how these songs bring me back, and then suddenly I'm overcome by how far God's brought me. Sometimes, still, I so easily get down on myself. And I feel like I'm such a mess.
I am such a mess! -there I go.
But you know what I'm learning this week (for probably the millionth time.)? I'm never going to get it on my own. I'm never going to be good enough. And that's the point! If I were ever able to be good enough, I wouldn't need Jesus. I've been reading a lot in Ephesians, and I was reading Galatians tonight too. It's so incredible. Because Jesus loved me so much He died for me while I was a mess.. fully knowing I'd always be a mess! And who am I to think that after being given a free gift of Grace that allows me to live, who am I to think that I'll be able to grow or progress in that grace by my own strength? If it were about my own strength, I would have never received the grace! That's such a hard thing to grasp. But it's so freeing! It's so miraculous.

Being confident of this that He [Jesus] who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. - Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment